Perfect Pesto Pasta Salad
2c cooked and cooled piccalilli pasta
1/4c pine nuts toasted
1/2c halved grape tomatoes
1/2c chopped fresh baby spinach pesto
1/4c Pine Nuts
1/2c Parmesan cheese
1/3c Extra virgin olive oil
1/2c Fresh Basil
4 medium cloves of garlic blend with blender or food processor
Toss pasta, tomatoes, spinach, pesto, and pine nuts.
This will taste better if allowed to sit at least and hour before serving.
Carolina Chicken Salad
1 head romaine lettuce
2-3 cups cooked chicken /shredded
3/4 cups sliced black olives
1/3 cup sunflower seeds hulled / toasted optional
1/4 lb. whole green beans steamed
Line bowl with lettuce leaves. Shred the remaining lettuce in the center of the bowl along with all the other ingredients. Serve with Ranch Dressing
Greek Salad with Pita Chips
- 2 6-inch whole-wheat pitas
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz can low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Paprika for garnish
INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 350°F.
– Cut each pita into 4 strips and cut each strip into 1-inch triangles, splitting apart the 2 “sides” of the pita as you cut. Spread on a baking sheet and toast in oven until pita is crispy, about 10 minutes, tossing once.
– In a large bowl, layer cucumber, tomatoes, onion, chickpeas and parsley
– Mix oil, lemon juice and pepper; toss
– Drizzle over vegetables
– Before serving add a layer of feta , Greek olives and top with toasted pita & a dash of paprika and serve immediately.
Ingredients & Procedure
1 head of Endive lettuce – Line a deep salad bowl with whole lettuce leaves, and tear the rest and place in the bottom of the salad bowl.
Layer in the bowl on top of the lettuce
2 carrots / grated, 5 stalks celery / diced, broccoli – steamed / cucumber – diced, 2 sm. cans mandarin oranges / drained, 1 & 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp and top with pecans
1/2 bottle seafood sauce Cross & Blackwell 1 cup mayo Dash of Mrs. Dash Serve immediately